Thursday, January 27, 2011

31 weeks 6 days

So...I'm getting over this whole thing. I'm trying not too - especially considering we are no where near ready to have a baby in the house but nonetheless - here I am. OVER IT! LOL! The fatigue has hit me big time these last few days - partly because I went to California for the weekend and went non-stop for three days - partly because I'm 7 months pregnant and HUGE! Last night I had Braxton Hicks contractions every time I stood up and could NOT get comfortable anywhere. I was OK if I was laying down but I have stuff to do. As much as I love to sleep - I still have to work here baby!!

Anyway, enough of my bi***ing. On to exciting news...our furniture comes for Harper's room next Tuesday!! YAY!! We cleared out the room yesterday (ok - Marc and Mike cleared it out but I supervised!) and we'll (ok Marc) will start painting on Friday! Yippee! I can't believe in less than a week we'll go from full guest room to nursery! Jensen is very excited and thinks she's going to help paint the room - "orange, and black, and brown, and purple, and pink. All colors!" I keep trying to tell her it will only be purple but she doesn't really care. So this weekend we'll be very busy getting the house together. My nesting instinct has kicked in so I'm very eager to have a room to start going through her clothes and all the other stuff that you need. I was so lazy with Jensen I just put everything in boxes and didn't really go through anything. I am going to pay for that now! Oh well.

My trip to California was great. The weather was GORGEOUS! 68 degrees anyone??? Holy moly it was nice. I got to spend some time in SF with Kelly - and go to a grown up restaurant and a bar on a Thursday night. WHAT??!! Then some family time and more time with my girlfriends. Jenny looks AMAZING - she's just glowing and is so excited to be a mom. She's going to do great - I'm so happy for her and Kevin. It was a whirlwind of a weekend but it was a lot of fun. It only took two days for my feet to go back to "normal" - you know pregnancy normal. On Sunday my right foot/ankle was out of control - talk about cankles! Yipes! But now they are just nominally swollen. Oh joy!

Jensen stayed home with Marc and they had a very fun daddy/daughter weekend. They went to Disney Live! and saw some princesses and Mickey and Minnie. Swimming, Red Robin, and lots of coloring I heard. I don't think she missed me much that's for sure. She and her Daddy had a great time - I loved coming home (I got a huge running hug at the airport...TEARS!) and listening her babble on about all the things they did together. I love their bond and it just makes me feel so much better about having to spend so much time with Harper in the next few months. They are both such blessings in my life...sniff, sniff.

I'll post next week with pictures (I PROMISE!!!!) of the nursery and possibly a picture of my huge belly. It grew so much this weekend. I'm huge - but it's all belly this time. Woo hoo! Hope you all have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment