Tuesday, January 18, 2011

30 weeks 4 days

Holy smokes! We are in the single digits of week counting...only NINE more to go! Good thing we are moving right along on the nursery. Oh wait, we aren't! Sigh. Marc threw his back out this weekend when we were going to get started so now we're exactly where we were last week. A room full of furniture - that is not fit for a baby - with beige walls and palm tree decor. Ughh...and I'm going out of town this weekend. Yipes! So the last weekend of January - don't bother us! LOL! We will be busy painting, painting, painting. I'm starting to panic a little - although like everything else - I know it will get done. It's just so hard for me to plan what I need when I can't get everything out and organized. Needless to say, I'm getting antsy.

So I turned my endeavors elsewhere. I am ALMOST finished redecorating the bonus room - now official playroom. It looks so cute! We have an art corner with an easel and table and chairs, a dress up corner with tubs of jewelery and clothes and a mirror, and of course the train table and bookshelf. Once it's done I'll post some photos.

Other than that we've just been busy resting. Jensen started swim lessons on Saturday and did GREAT! She is such a fish! I am going to try to get her in instructor led classes when I'm out on maternity leave. I think she'll do really well. She was doing great using her arms, legs, and putting her face in this week. We just need to work on floating on her back. But she'll get it. She also had her first sleepover here on Saturday night. She's gone to Abi's but Abi came to our house and they had a blast. Jensen was so excited and those girls just played and played without any interruption! I was so proud of them! Jensen only got a little possessive over the new doll house but that's to be expected with a new toy I guess.

Baby Harper is doing great. I've been at the doctor every other week so far this month. She's quite the mover. She's constantly moving around and when the doctor listens to her heartbeat it's always interrupted by her kicking something. She's starting to find my rib cage which is oh so much fun. Marc and I are a little worried that she's going to be running us ragged! Ha ha! Jensen was so mellow...I'm thinking we may have our hands full with this one! But other than that she's doing great...we're measuring on time and have no issues. I am swelling constantly - oh the fun - and am starting to really slow down. This weekend especially I could tell that it takes a lot more energy to do small things. I think naps will be in future again soon!

I'm heading to California this weekend to go to a baby shower for my good friend Jenny. She's due one month ahead of me (EXACTLY!). So it will be nice to see everyone and visit with Jen to see how she's holding up. Then I'm home for the duration...I keep thinking that things will really hit me in February. I just need to remember that February is in TWO weeks! Yipes!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! I fell behind on reading all your post, but I am now up to date. According to this post it sounds like a perfect time for Chris and Marc to build that secret room they always talk about. :) Ok just kidding, maybe not such a good time. Take care and we will all see each other soon.
    -The Callahans (Aly, Chris, McKenzie, & Jack)

    ReplyDelete