Tuesday, January 4, 2011

28 weeks 4 days

WOW! So that month went fast! Sorry for the lack of updates. I updated one day and then my computer crashed and ate it and then...well Christmas came!

Christmas was a whirlwind. We started off going on The Polar Express in Hood River. Jensen had a blast and was enchanted with the whole experience. It was so much fun! I can't wait to go again in a few years. Then we were quite the party animals with a baby shower, a Santa party, and a Christmas party. All gearing up for Hurricane Herman which arrived a few days before Christmas. We had such a great time having everyone up here. Christmas Eve we had 30 people here for dinner and drinks! It was so wonderful! We are so blessed.

Jensen was so excited that Santa actually came and brought her a doll house! She loved all her new toys (and boy did she get SPOILED!). She's still finding new things to play with. She does miss her playmates though - she got to play with someone all the time when her aunties and Mimi and Granddad were here. So we are now trying to adjust to "normal" life. At least for the time being.

As for Baby Harper - she's doing well. Very happy that Mommy is starting to slow down a bit. I only gained one pound last month with all the craziness but I keep getting bigger! She's moving all time - she's getting long for I can feel her on both sides and up in the ribs now. I'm shocked that I'm already in my 3rd trimester and that I go out on maternity leave in two and a half months! What the heck? (To quote Jensen's new little phrase!) This weekend we're going to get paint colors and to look for a new light fixture for Harper's room. I think we'll start painting next weekend. It shouldn't be too hard right?? I mean we've done it before. Then again we've done it without having a 2.5 year old who loves to help!

We're also starting to check out preschools for Jensen for the fall. I can't believe it's January and I'm already thinking about sending my baby to school, but they fill up fast and I want to be sure we find a good fit for her. So we have some appointments to check some things out this week. We'll see how it goes. She's going to be so excited to go to school like a big girl. Although I haven't broken it to her that she won't be taking the bus. I think she's going to be very sad about that. She's starting swimming lessons again this weekend and she's excited about that. I was going to wait but the next session will be impossible for me to go to considering we may be having a baby sometime in there. So she gets to go with the beached whale (aka ME!) for the next 6 weeks. It will be good to get her in the water again and she loves swimming so much. The more she's in the water and the more skills she gets now the better!

Anyway, that's about it for now. I PROMISE to update next week and post some Christmas pictures.

Oh by the way...I've been pregnant for 200 days. Just sayin'

1 comment:

  1. So glad to get the update...........Holidays have way of getting in the way....Can't wait to see some pictures. July 30th will be a great day.....we will get to see Harper and go to a wedding.....YIPPEE!!!!!.
    Only 200 days....ummm not bad.....and how many more do you have to go??? LOL...see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete