Tuesday, October 19, 2010

17 weeks 4 days!

Holy cow...I thought I was 16 weeks 4 days :) Ooops! Time flies I guess. I can't believe that in 2 1/2 weeks I'll be half way there. That just doesn't even seem possible!

I spent last week in California with Jensen and the family. Dad had his prostate removed to get rid of that icky cancer and is now CANCER FREE!!!! YIPPEE! We are all so relieved and it's so great to see him doing so well. He's been doing amazing and recovery is going well. I thought I'd be playing nurse for at least a few days - but no. He's doing just fine on his own :)

So while in California it was hotter than blazes. I mean upper 90's hot. Who does that in October when you're pregnant and have very few choices in clothing? We survived but are very happy to be home and back in jeans, boots, and sweaters.

Bean is doing well - not much going on there. I'm getting bigger every day but still haven't felt the little one. I know it's right around the corner but I can't wait. That's when it all feels so real. I helped my friend Jen navigate through Babies R Us while in Pleasanton and it was so fun! It's so exciting to see all the little things you are going to need again. Of course it also scares the pants off me thinking about 2:00 am feedings and bottles, and diaper bags, and diapers, and did I mention 2:00 am feedings??? I don't think I will sleep any more between Jensen waking up to go potty and the new baby I'll be lucky to get in a few hours in a row! Eeek! But like my friend said - at least this time we actually KNOW it's temporary! And at some point we get some of our life back.

That's all for now...off to work and Marc's 37th birthday! We're in for a day of celebration - pumpkin patch, Chinese food, and homemade chocolate caramel truffle cake. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment