Thursday, September 16, 2010

12 weeks 6 days

Hello everyone!

Fall has arrived here in Portland and I LOVE it! It's cool and rainy and the leaves are beginning to change. This is my favorite time of year here...the smells and the pumpkin patch, the apples and the comfort food. Yummy! Speaking of - Jensen and I made homemade chocolate chip cookies last night. So good! Jensen is quite the cookie monster...I had to rip the beater from her little clutched hand! ha ha!

I'm still feeling sick (the cookies do help!) but am hoping the light is near and I'm running to it! With Jensen I started feeling better in the middle of my 13th week so I'm hoping we can continue the trend and next week will be a whole new world! I just want some energy so I can get up and work out before work. And not have to take a nap almost every day. Is that so much to ask? Oh and have the energy to keep up on the laundry (there's still a load in the dryer from last Friday...oops!) and the house work. (You don't want to see my bathrooms!) So for the health of my family here's to hoping that the 13th week is a good one.

Now, they say that you get bigger sooner after you've already had a baby. I guess you're already "primed" and ready to go. And, alas this is true. I am in mostly maternity clothes and have already started to hate everything in my closet. Good times to come that's for sure. But my belly gets bigger every day. I could have SWORN I felt a flutter last night too - I'm sure it was just the chocolate chip cookies - but you never know! It's so strange how it's different but the same. So here's a picture from this morning of my burgeoning belly...I'm going to be HUGE again! I can feel it!



I'll update you all on Monday after our ultrasound. I'm sure everything will look great. I'm excited to see Bean again! I can't believe I am almost in the second trimester.

Congratulations to my wonderful friend Aly who welcomed a baby boy, Jack Murphy, on Saturday. Aly, Chris, big sister McKenzie, and baby Jack are all home and doing well. I can't wait to meet the little guy!

Happy Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment