Thursday, September 9, 2010

11 weeks 6 days

So - we're off to a slower start here this time around. I'm sorry baby! I guess he/she should get used to it huh? Poor kid!

Anyway, we're excited! Baby #2 (aka Bean) is due on March 25, 2011. So far this pregnancy (once I referred back to Jensen's blog!) is about the same. I had blocked out the terrible morning sickness from my memory and yet here it is again. I've been feeling horrible for weeks - starting at about 5 weeks and still going strong. I'm hoping that we start to see a decline here in the next week and I wake up one morning full of energy! It's going to happen - I just know it. This pregnancy will be a crazy one - it's amazing how it's already different. Last time I was able to nap during the day and work later, sit on the couch all evening without a care in the world and sleep whenever I felt like it. With a two year old NONE of this is possible! It's a whole different ball game but I know it will be worth it. The good news about all of the activity is that I haven't gained any weight yet! Yippee! There is NO WAY I can gain as much as I did the last time...I have a wedding next July and I'll be damned if I don't fit into my normal size. Yes I said it and I'm going to do it. Even if it kills me ;)

So here I am...waiting to feel better. We had our first ultrasound at 9 weeks. Bean looks great and is measuring right on schedule. We got to see and hear the heartbeat which is always the most wonderful sound in the world. We also saw the blood flowing in the umbilical cord...it was pretty cool.



Jensen is excited to have a baby brother or sister - although she keeps saying she wants a sister to sit next to her. She really wants the baby to come out to play - she is going to be very disappointed when the baby is born and can't play dress up with her!

My next appointment is on September 20th. We decided to have genetic screening done this time around to be prepared for anything. I'm sure all is well but let's face it - I'm not getting any younger! Plus I get another ultrasound which is always nice! The screen involves an ultrasound and blood test to look for defects. If anything is unusual I will go for more testing. We're not expecting anything but it's nice to be sure.

Until next time - enjoy the football season! GO BRONCOS!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! So happy for the Goodell Family. I'm so sorry you're feeling so sick Amber :( Hang in there. Miss you all. xoxo Jene

    ReplyDelete
  2. The part about sitting on the couch without a care in the world, sure made me laugh. I am so on the same page. With that being said, LIFE IS GOOD!!!!! Can't wait to see the baby bump.
    Love, Aly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you Aly.....that part of sitting on the couch without a care made me laugh too. I am soooo happy for your family......I wish to see Bean before the wedding but if not that will do just fine.......
    I love your blogs......keep it up girlie girl...
    XOXO from Mama P

    ReplyDelete