Monday, November 8, 2010

It's a GIRL!

Woo hoo! We are so excited to welcome a new baby girl to the family soon! I knew it! Walking into the ultrasound I told Marc that I would be absolutely shocked if we were having a boy. We got to take Jensen with us and the u/s tech asked her what she thought it was. The tech said that kids under the age of 5 tend to be the best guessers...and she was right. Jensen has been talking about a baby sister ever since we told her we were having a baby.

Jensen loved seeing the "baby" on tv :) She also liked hearing the heartbeat. Then she was over it! ha ha! For the rest of the day though she wouldn't call the baby by her name...just "sister" or "baby". But by the end of the weekend she was talking all about Baby Harper. Oh yeah - her name will be Harper Leslie. We love the name Harper (To Kill a Mockingbird anyone?)and Leslie is Marc's middle name. We think it goes great with Jensen too. I like it!

Here's a picture taken on Saturday at 20 weeks 1 day. I think I'm doing pretty well. I've only gained about 9 lbs. so far...and that is a FAR cry from where I was with Jensen. Then again, I don't think I sat down for more than 10 minutes yesterday before 5:00 pm! So there you go!




We spent Saturday shopping for baby furniture. We got Harper's bedding (I'll post a photo later! sorry!) and picked out her furniture - although we have to go back to actually buy it. We're happy with her bedding - purple bedding is hard to find but we like what we got and I think it will look pretty in her room. Jensen meanwhile is being upgraded to her BIG BIG girl bed. Of course we spent most of Sunday trying to get everything set up and when we were about to actually put the bed together - the slats were too small. Ughhh! So we put the mattresses on the floor and she was happy. We'll get it all together tonight and I'll post photos too. Lots of promises I know!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right about the "girl" theme in your family...and mine.......I love your blogs, they make me laugh everytime.......What a cool name...You know Jennifer almost had that name too for Savannah as a first name, but she does have Harper for her middle name.....Our families are still in sink!!!!!!
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Goodell's! Mommy know's best and I am happy you guys got the girl you wanted...and Jensen too :)

    ReplyDelete